BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Damn..its been a year!!

Can't believe that it has been nearly a year since I have posted anything on here! Doesn't seem possible that time has flown by that fast. So much has happened in the last eleven months, though, a real eventful time.

Many of you already know of Gary's mother's passing in July; it was a sad, hard time for all. I'm really proud of how well Al has dealt with her loss, how he concentrates on the good times that they shared. That he is now facing his own mortality when it was discovered that the bladder cancer that they hoped they had beaten last year has now spread to his lungs, is another blow to the family. We're all still kind of numbed with the news...

My son-in-law was re-stationed clear across the United States last fall. Broke my heart!! Not having my daughter and grandchild nearby has been a real challenge for me! It was a good move for them I know; a better chance for Toby to advance in his career, but I sooo miss holding that sweet little one in my arms and seeing her learn to do all kinds of things. And she is getting so big!! She is going to be taller than her mother is, I'm sure.





More news is that in August we'll be welcoming another member to the family, as Jennie is expecting another baby. Don't know how I'll be able to stay here while that is happening! Grrrr.

I'm still taking pictures; Gary gave a beautiful camera for Christmas, but with school & the weather I haven't been able to get out much to take many pictures. Here are a few of them though.





I guess that'll be all for now. Hopefully I'll get on here more often than I have been!

1 comments:

Rob and Meredith said...

Time does go by much too fast. Seems like only yesterday Jenny had her first baby. I'm glad you are still taking pictures. Like always they are great. Congrats on another grandbaby. Even though you cannot be there physically your teaching and wisdom will be because you guided her and helped her with the first. Love ya!